Stumble Guys Review

Is it Worth Playing Stumble Guys?

Is Stumble Guys Better than Fall Guys?

Fall Guys were once the king of PC Party Games, the immense hype it had when it first came out was just ridiculous. Ever went on SteamCharts and saw that Fall Guys has half the popultaion of Stumble Guys and ever wondered why?

Is it because Stumble Guys is a Free 2 Play title while Fall Guys isn’t? It’s not just because of the price tag, it was also the integration of Epic Games that eventually led to the decease in population base of Fall Guys. I am surprised I never done a Fall Guys review yet, I do have the game and also enjoy it but something about the fat blob of a character just doesn’t sit right with me despite customization over customization. I personally don’t mind the Epic Game integration as much as I do have an account (although I have never purchased any games on it nor have it’s launcher installed) so it was really just whatever for me.

So back to the topic of this review, what is Stumble Guys? Is it truly better or is it just a cheap F2P copy of the original title?

Stumble Guys

Publisher

Swords of Legends Online or SOLO for short is developed and published by Kitka Games on the Steam Platform for PC and for mobile; Google Playstore and Apple Appstore.

Not much is known about the developer/publisher Kitka Games beside that it isa Finnish mobile game development company who has only 1 title under their belt which is Stumble Guys.

Combat

Stumble Guys is a very simple game where you either run to the end or complete objectives to not get eliminated. The combat is basic and is locked under specific emotes. Currently to date, there are three “combat” emotes in Stumble Guys.

Stumble Guys - Combat
Combat Emotes
  • Punch
  • Grab
  • Slide

How to Punch, Grab or Slide

As mentioned previously, the combat system is locked away in the emotes which means, at any time, a player can only utilize 4 different emotes in a the entire match.

Glove Emote is a Punching emote which will cause other players in its vicinity to get knocked back. It is possible to push someone off the map using this emote

Heart Emote is equivalent to the Grab function in Fall Guys. The heart emote which allows you to grab another player and carry them wherever you want. It is possible to carry someone and toss them over the edge of the map.

Shoe Emote will give the player the ability to drop and slide in the direction you are facing. At the same time, this is also an combat emote as any player caught in the slide’s path will be knocked down.

Gameplay

Features

Fall Guys is another online battle royale party game that allows players to complete against 32 other players through various minigames.

  • Run, dash, slide past opponents & overcome obstacles
  • 17 unique obstacle courses
  • Battle Royale Online multiplayer
  • Party mode to play with friends
  • Physics-based havoc
  • Colourful, whacky design
  • Unlockable outfits and emotes

Gameplay

The game runs very fluid, even a potato PC can probably run this, unlike it’s counterpart Fall guys where it is over 7GB of bloated data. The controls are smooth and the game itself is fun, not stressful and what best is that each map is short and run. If you loose, re-queueing another game does not take long. If you are playing with your friends, you don’t have to wait a long time before they win or get knocked out making the overall party experience a lot more enjoyable.

Customization

Character Customization

Stumble Guys has quite a decent amount of customization features, under four main categories. With Skins further divided into 5 different rarity despite the last rarity not showing up on it’s own tab.

  • Skins
    • Common -> Rare -> Epic -> Legendary -> Special
  • Color
  • Emotes
  • Animation
  • Footsteps

UI Customization

There is no UI Customization in Stumble Guys and quite honestly, you really don’t need it. There is no clutter or anything on your screen, you just need to honestly run to survive or complete the objectives to survive.

State of Game

Servers/Connection/Ping

In Stumble Guys, there are 5 different servers you can connect to, effectively helping your ping depending where you are located.

  • Europe
  • North America
  • South America
  • Asia
  • India

Honestly, with chat disabled, there is no need to fear the language barrier at all and just play in whichever region that gives you the best response time. Your progress and customization is account-wide and not region-wide.

Playerbase

Stumble Guys has a very healthy population as of over 15k concurrent players currently with a 20k player peak. With queue times being near-intsant, you are able to jump in straight away and game a few games in with minimum wait time at all in-between.

Stumble Guys - SteamCharts
SteamCharts

Cash Shop

Is Stumble Guys Free to Play Friendly

Yes, yes and yes, Stumble Guys is 100% Free to Play. However, the combat system currently seems to be locked under the Paid part of Stumble Pass. It is uncertain as of currently if this would be accessible for free players under RNG daily loot wheels. Although having access the combat system would give you a huge advantage in game, it is not required to win at all.

Graphics

Stumble Guys graphics is fresh, cute and has it’s own charm. It has mainly humanoid characters with skins that does contain fantasy-like races such as dragons. You can basically run this game on a potato PC if you want to and still run as smoothly as someone with a 5 grand PC. Unlike Fall Guys, it’s runs very smooth, load screens are fast and it does not take even 1 GB of storage space.

WindowsMinimumRecommended
Operation SystemWindows 10Windows 10
Processor (CPU)Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | AMD Phenom II X4 965Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | AMD Phenom II X4 965
Memory (RAM)4 GB RAM4 GB RAM
Graphics (GPU)AMD Radeon HD 7750 | NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260AMD Radeon HD 7750 | NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260
DirectXN/AN/A
Storage800 MB available space800 MB available space
Requires Broadband Internet connection

Is Stumble Guys Worth Playing

It’s free, it’s 800MB or so, it should take you a good 5 minutes to download with plenty of game time. I would 100% recommend to give it a go; you have nothing to lose here. Further, with the daily Free Spin, you have 45% chance to get premium cash currency, 31% chance of getting a Stumble Token or 24% chance of getting a skin. Loads of freebies in game and the games are fast paced and short. You can either play on your PC or on your mobile (it supposes both IOS and Android Devices).

Fayie Enterprise

Newsletter